This website strives to be in compliance with California Government Code and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, or a subsequent version, as published by the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium at a minimum Level AA success criteria.
This website accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of the external websites or external documents linked to on this website.
Below you will find a list of some of the technology solutions we have integrated to make our website easy to navigate, fast-loading, and accessible.
Photographs / Images:
Uses Alternative Text “ALT” and/or “TITLE” attributes, which provide a written description of the image. These are accessible to screen readers, and are visible when the mouse is placed over the image.
This is also useful for people who have images turned off on their browser, in which case a description will display where the image used to be.
A hierarchical list of web pages (aka “breadcrumbs”) located near the top of each page provides a trail of where you are and where you have been. Breadcrumbs make it easier to navigate your way back to the root folder.
WCAG 2.0 Level AA
The template adheres to WCAG 2.0 AA Guidelines and Success Criteria organized under the following four principles:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia.
- Create content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Do not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools
More information and resources
The following information can further help improve the accessibility experience and find more resources.
Keyboard Commands for:
Difficulty Accessing Material:
If you have difficulty accessing any material on this site, please contact us in writing and we will work with you to make the information available.